This fall I’m going to attend Uni of Rochester and am still undecided. My mother is a piano teacher, I’ve been playing at an intermediate level all my life, but in the past few months I have really grown to love it (bad timing). I know I want to play all of my life, however the Eastman school of music is extremely competitive. Whenever I talk about what I want to be I start crying because I am sooo passionate about classical music and piano, but am lacking in skill. I feel that I must have been a musician in a past life. Should this just be a hobby or a career?
Yea, I’m talking about cannabis, so I’m asking is it likely for big corporate Car makers and governmental employers to lay off about smoking weed specifically in the “auto mechanical and design engineering career”? And no smart-*** answer, I don’t need to hear BS and thanks for whoever answered for real.
Im almost 18. Throughout my whole highschool year, ive been given an oppurtunity to discover my interests in career choice. Ive put so much thought into it, ive searched through careers, huge lists, tried participating and learning about careers. Ive come to terms that im interested in literally nothing. Ive lost interest and motivation in living up to what people call a “succesful” and “regular” life where you go to college, study, get a job and die. I tried to deny this ideal by thinking towards a career, but i just cant. I cant think of myself in a career that i dont want, in an endless cycle of “wake up, work, home, sleep”. All i think about is an irregular life, like being a musician. Which is all i do, music. Its all i do when i get home, is play guitar and practice singing and its all ive been motivated to do. Its all i can think of persuing. And yes i know, its like a 1 in a million chance of making it. Its all i work on though. People call me stupid and want me to live a “normal” life. They ask me about a career choice, i say i dont know, and they look at me like im an idiot, like im supposed to go down this pathway i dont want
to. Please, what do i do? Follow a life i KNOW i dont want to live, or go for a non regular life with music (which makes me happy) and most is a high chance of me failing?
I’m in my final year of graduation doing B.Sc. Maths hons…
But I’m not interested in a teaching job…I mean i like being the center of attention or holding a decent fame. Born 16th March 1993 (11.34 pm), I am quite confused about which way to go next.
My potential interests are Business, Acting and singing.
Although being from a maths backgroung everybody advices me to go for M.S. in finance but i think i can make a great deal in marketing as well.
My qualities being (good or bad, i don’t know)-
* good looking (sometimes i hate that bcuz i become vulnerable when i get too much of untried/ unwanted attention…I get noticed unnecessarily even among a bunch of good looking friends… i did even miss my college classes for dat reason for about an year… but managed to get full attendance from my teachers)
* professional, a bit diplomatic at a times
* great convincing skills
* most loved, understood and cared one in all my close relationships
* I love to talk and hate gossips and taking ill at someone’s back…praising others come naturally to me even for people i dont like much personally
* love music ( i sing well but dont have a blessed sad tone)
* love writing poems and reading novels/poems
* i connect everything well ( can make simple things very complex at a times and complex things too simple)
* love potraying different characters( am creative yet day dreamer)
* can take big decisions very easily (for everyone else but for myself i consider everything 100 times till am not sure of every prospective of it)
* very much detail oriented (while studying mostly, think like a scientist or a mathematician a few times… my teachers have to choose to tell me to answer my questions myself when i become a scientist… but i dont like being a topper and studying very much )
* have great dressing sense ( unique and catchy certain times)
* considered very strong emotionally ( at heart i am always not)
* considered weak, feminine and gentle physically ( dats true but sometimes i leave even myself wondering how could i be that strong)
* not very emotional ( for outsiders) but love my family from the bottom of my heart( wont even bother sacrifising my life for their smile)
* am a good judge of people ( say have sixth sense, i get to know about everybody’s intentions irrespective of how he/she potrays himself/herself to me)
* a bit ill and wicked to all who play mind games with me and use me to get attention(many guyz do try dat)
* able to mix well with people from all sorts of places(countries/religions) and ages… am very open minded ( at certain times too much for the people around me)
* everybody turns to me when they are hurt and need to get connected to themselves… even my parents at certain times feel i talk out of this world and much more intellectual for my age….even i realize myself talking like a sage certain times…
* considered crazy among pople of my age( um a li’l wild and notorious among dem), intelligent and geek by 20-40 age group and spiritual & damn innocent by 40-80 people….[i don't understand y i have so different imges]
What should be an ideal career for me ?
(Anyways I am from India and am deciding to move to US for my higher studies whatever it be)
I play saxophone, and I am invited to play in a christian band that has big connections with huge artists in the christian music genre and some outside that genre. I’m talking people like Brandon Heath, Casting Crowns, Lincoln Brewster type of big groups. The person who recommended me to the group plays at the church I used to play at. (and still play at, pending the outcome of this community’s opinion on this matter) If I stop playing altogether, the person who recommended me might not tell me when I can start practicing with the group. The only reason I am not in the group right now is because their current practice area is small and I would over power them easily.
The problem that I have is that I am no longer a Christian like almost everyone believes, including everyone at my church and in the group. I haven’t been to church in a little over a month. I haven’t played my saxophone in that same amount of time due to TMJ. (basically it hurts my jaw to play.) But it’s getting better.
I don’t go to church at all not only because I don’t believe anymore, but there is a girl who goes there and needless to say, I am in love with her. I am just an inconvenience to her because almost every time I try to talk to her about anything, she seems to take it as I am hitting on her or something to try and be more than friends, which makes her uncomfortable. So I found it best to limit our interactions as much as possible, for her sake.
the last significant reason I don’t go is because the music we play is SO repetitive and overused. They also treat our orchestra and horn section as background people. Our microphone is hardly ever on, but I am a very loud sax player so I personally cut through, but the others, like the girl I mentioned, who plays clarinet, can’t cut like I do.
So my question is, do I go back to church and deal with the music, and be hurt every time I see this girl to be a part of this well connected band, or do I continue to stay away from it and not have the opportunity, but don’t have to deal with being treated like a background person, and let this girl slowly get out of my head/heart (hopefully)
PS. If nobody in the horn section is there except this girl and/or her brother, she wont play, and she likes playing. I am unsure what is better. Her not being alone playing on stage and then uncomfortable around me otherwise, or not being able to play, but not uncomfortable around anyone.